Getting to Agrigento and getting around
Fly to Palermo Falcone and Borsellino Airport, Trapani Vincenzo Florio Airport or to Catania Fontanarossa airport. Take a coach or drive to Agrigento, the driving distance is about two hours. In all airports of Sicily there are the major agencies of car rental
Do you prefer to move by car in an independent way? In all the cities and airports of Sicily there are many professional services of car rental: look for what’s right for you!
From the airports to Agrigento
- Rental service with driver
- Sicily airports
- Coach service:
- CATANIA Airport – AGRIGENTO:
Sais Trasporti Spa
- PALERMO Airport – AGRIGENTO:
There is a regular fast coach service linking Sicily’s main towns and Agrigento. The coach routes are not run by the same company. You can also take a fast coach from Rome, Naples and Salerno to Agrigento. Sais Trasporti SPA Ibus Srl.
Agrigento is connected by rail to Palermo and Caltanissetta (from there the line branch off for Siracusa, Catania, Messina and the Continent). The Railway Station (Stazione Centrale) is located in the city centre.
Ferries and ships
Getting to Sicily by sea is quite simple: there are ferries and fast ships that connect Sicily with Cagliari, Civitavecchia, Genoa, Livorno, Malta, Naples, Nice, Salerno, Toulon, Tunis, Villa San Giovanni that also offer the service of car transport.
Would you like to visit the beautiful and unspoiled islands of the archipelagoes surrounding Sicily?
Discover how to get by sea to the Pelagie Islands, Aeolian Islands, Egadi Islands and Pantelleria.
- The Pelagie Islands - Lampedusa and Linosa: are reachable from Porto Empedocle;
- The Egadi Islands - Favignana, Levanzo and Marettimo: can be reached from the ports of Marsala and Trapani;
- The Aeolian Islands - Lipari, Salina, Vulcano, Stromboli, Alicudi, Panarea: can be reached from the ports of Messina, Milazzo, Napoli Mergellina, Palermo, Reggio Calabria, Salerno, Vibo Valentia;
- Pantelleria: it can be reached from the port of Trapani.
Search the route that suits you and book in advance to find the best offers of ships and ferries to and from Sicily!
Service handled by Ok-ferry.com
Getting to the Valley of the Temples
Most of regular city buses (1, 1/, 2, 2/, 3, 3/) leave from Piazzale Rosselli and ride by the Valley of the Temples. Our advise is to take Bus 2/ and get off at Temple of Giunone entrance. Walk downhill and take Bus 1 from the lower exit bus stop to go back to town. Get the ticket for the bus (Euro 1,20) at any of the kiosks in Piazzale Rosselli. Remember to stamp the tickets at the ticket validation machine (obliteratrice) when you get on the bus. Request stops at San Nicola (Archaeological Museum) and Porta V. You may buy the ticket directly on the bus at a price of Euro 1,70 each. Day tickets (available at a price of Euro 3,40) enable visitors to travel for a day on any of Agrigento’s city busesBus routes schedule. Tickets and season tickets
- From Palermo (130 km): take the SS121 exit toward Agrigento/SS189. When you pass Aragona drive straight to the centre of Agrigento or, if you want to get directly to the site of the temples, follow the sign Caltanissetta , Canicattì and take the by-road that leads to the 640 road (Caltanissetta- Porto Empedocle). Then follow the direction Porto Empedocle until you get to the big roundabout below the Temple of Giunone. Here, drive up the road to Agrigento and you’ll find the Temple of Giunone car-park on your left. Alternatively, take the avenue lined with pine trees and you ‘ll get to the parking known as “Porta V- Sant’Anna.
- From Trapani/Erice (175 km) /Selinunte (99km) area: drive along the115 state road. When you pass Porto Empedocle follow the sign Valle dei Templi.
- From Taormina-Catania-Siracusa area: After Enna, exit toward Caltanisetta/Agrigento and take the 640 road: follow, first, the Caltanissetta sign and, then, Porto Empedocle until you get to the Giunone rotatory (rotatoria Giunone) below the Temple of Juno. From there follow the sign Valle dei Templi to get to the parking area.
- From Ragusa: drive along the 115 state road (SS115) until you get to the Juno roundaout (Rotatoria Giunone).
IThe centre of Agrigento is only 4 miles away from the Temples. Follow Via Crispi and Via Panoramica dei Templi to get to the Temple of Giunone entrance.